Krassimir L. Kostov
Assoc. Professor, PhD
They are related to Surface Science and to the experimental studies using mainly the methods of High-resolution electron-energy loss spectroscopy (HREELS), X-Ray photoelectron spectroscopy (XPS), Low-energy electron diffraction (LEED):
- Study of the local structure of some adsorbates (ethylene, acetylene, oxygen, CO, NO) on monocrystalline surfaces such as Ir(111), Ru(0001), Si(100)-(2×1), Pt(111).
- Study of the dynamics of solid surfaces; determination of the dispersions of adsorbate vibrations and of surface phonons.
- Synchrotron measurements of the charge transfer time from some adsorbates to the adsorbent surfaces.
- Study of the surface phonon modes and their dispersion of well-ordered thin films (NiO, MnO) on monocrystalline surfaces such as Ag(100), Ni(100), Pt(111).
- Study of the binding-energy change of core-level electrons of the surface atoms due to some surface interactions.
- S. Lizzit, R. Larciprete, P. Lacovig, K.L. Kostov, D. Menzel,
Ultrafast Charge Transfer at Monolayer Graphene Surfaces with Varied Substrate Coupling,
ACS Nano, 7 (5), 2013, pp 4359–4366.
- K.L. Kostov, S. Polzin, S.K. Saha, O. Brovko, V. Stepanyuk, W. Widdra,
Германия Surface-phonon dispersion of a NiO(100) thin film,
Physical Review B 87 (23), 2013, Art. Number: 235416
- A. Sachse, V. Hulea, K.L. Kostov, E. Belamie, B. Alonso,
Improved silica-titania catalysts by chitin bio-templating,
Catal. Sci. Technol., 2015, 5, 415-427.
- K. L. Kostov, F. O. Schumann, S. Polzin, D. Sander, and W. Widdra,
NiO growth on Ag(001): A layer-by-layer vibrational study,
Physical Review B 94 (2016) Art. Num. 075438,
- M. Milanova, K.L. Kostov, R. Iordanova , L. Aleksandrov , A. Yordanova, T. Mineva,
Local structure, connectivity and physical properties of glasses in the B2O3– Bi2O3-La2O3-WO3 system,
Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 516 (2019) pp.35-44
- 1990-2004 with Prof. Dr. Dietrich Menzel on the subject „Adsorption on solid surfaces: microscopic analysis of states and processes. Sub-project: Vibrational properties of surfaces and adsorbates „.
- 2001-2013 Synchrotron studies with Prof. Dr. Dietrich Menzel and Dr. Silvano Lizzit: (a)“Ultrafast charge transfer at surfaces by Auger Resonant Raman spectroscopy: Dependence of time constants on coupling strength (long term project); (b) “Adsorbate induced surface core level shifts: does the additivity rule hold also for coadsorbates?”; (c) “ Ultrafast charge transfer at surfaces and into layers: two- or three-dimensional final states?”.
- 2000- and now with Prof. Dr. Wolf Widdra at Martin-Luther-University-Halle / Wittenberg, on topics like: (a) Vibrational properties of thin transition-metal oxide films; (b) Functional-oxide surfaces: atomic structure and local electron-spectroscopy of complex oxide structures; (c) Stress and lattice dynamics in multiferroic systems.
- 2012- and now with Prof. Dr. Bruno Alonso, Prof. Dr. Emmanuell Belamie and Prof.Dr. Tzonka Mineva, Charles-Gerhard Institute, CNRS, Montpellier, France, on topics „Study of Biopolymer-Oxide Nanocomposites with the Methods of Photoelectron Spectroscopy and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance“.