Assoc. Prof., PhD
of solid surfaces (oxides, zeolites, metal-organic frameworks (MOF), adsorbents
and catalysts) using infrared spectroscopy of adsorbed probe molecules and
determination of the nature, state and reactivity of the surface sites.
of isotopically labelled probe molecules and isotopic mixtures for
investigation of solid surfaces.
of the interactions occurring on the surface of solids in the atmosphere of
different gases, including in-situ experiments allowing revelation of the
mechanism and kinetics of the reactions.
- K. Hadjiivanov, M. Mihaylov, D. Panayotov, E. Ivanova, K. Chakarova,
“Isotopes in the FTIR investigations of solid surfaces”,
Spectroscopic Properties of Inorganic and Organometallic Compoundsm, 45 (2014) 43-78. (special periodical reports; RSC)
- C. Megías-Sayago, K. Chakarova, A. Penkova, A. Lolli, S. Ivanova, S. Albonetti, F. Cavani, J. A. Odriozola,
“Understanding the Role of the Acid Sites in 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural Oxidation to 2,5-Furandicarboxylic Acid Reaction over Gold Catalysts: Surface Investigation on CexZr1–xO2 Compounds”,
ACS Catalysis, 8 (2018) 11154-11164.
- R. R. R. Prasad, S. E. Seidner, D. B. Cordes, M. M. Lozinska, D. M. Dawson, M. J. Thompson, T. Düren, K. K. Chakarova, M. Y. Mihaylov, K. I. Hadjiivanov, F. Hoffmann, A. M. Z. Slawin, S. E. Ashbrook, M. L. Clarke, P. A. Wright,
“STA-27, a porous Lewis acidic scandium MOF with an unexpected topology type prepared with 2,3,5,6-tetrakis(4-carboxyphenyl)pyrazine”,
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 7 (2019) 5685-5701.
- K. Chakarova, I. Strauss, M. Mihaylov, N. Drenchev, K. Hadjiivanov,
“Evolution of acid and basic sites in UiO-66 and UiO-66-NH2 metal-organic frameworks: FTIR study by probe molecules”,
Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 281 (2019) 110-122.
- N. L. Drenchev, K. K. Chakarova, O. V. Lagunov, M. Y. Mihaylov, E. Z. Ivanova, I. Strauss, K. I. Hadjiivanov,
“In situ FTIR spectroscopy as a tool for investigation of gas/solid interaction:water-enhanced CO2 adsorption in UiO-66 metal-organic framework” (video article),
Journal of Visualized Experiments, 156 (2020) e60285, doi:10.3791/60285.