Assoc. Prof. Dr.
- Characterization of solid surfaces (oxides, zeolites, metal-organic frameworks (MOF), adsorbents and catalysts) using infrared spectroscopy of adsorbed probe molecules and determination of the nature, state and reactivity of the surface sites.
- Applications of isotopically labelled probe molecules and isotopic mixtures for investigation of solid surfaces.
- Study of the interactions occurring on the surface of solids in the atmosphere of different gases, including in-situ experiments allowing revelation of the mechanism and kinetics of the reactions.
- K. Hadjiivanov, M. Mihaylov, D. Panayotov, E. Ivanova, K. Chakarova,
“Isotopes in the FTIR investigations of solid surfaces”,
Spectroscopic Properties of Inorganic and Organometallic Compoundsm, 45 (2014) 43-78. (special periodical reports; RSC)
- C. Megías-Sayago, K. Chakarova, A. Penkova, A. Lolli, S. Ivanova, S. Albonetti, F. Cavani, J. A. Odriozola,
“Understanding the Role of the Acid Sites in 5-Hydroxymethylfurfural Oxidation to 2,5-Furandicarboxylic Acid Reaction over Gold Catalysts: Surface Investigation on CexZr1–xO2 Compounds”,
ACS Catalysis, 8 (2018) 11154-11164.
- R. R. R. Prasad, S. E. Seidner, D. B. Cordes, M. M. Lozinska, D. M. Dawson, M. J. Thompson, T. Düren, K. K. Chakarova, M. Y. Mihaylov, K. I. Hadjiivanov, F. Hoffmann, A. M. Z. Slawin, S. E. Ashbrook, M. L. Clarke, P. A. Wright,
“STA-27, a porous Lewis acidic scandium MOF with an unexpected topology type prepared with 2,3,5,6-tetrakis(4-carboxyphenyl)pyrazine”,
Journal of Materials Chemistry A, 7 (2019) 5685-5701.
- K. Chakarova, I. Strauss, M. Mihaylov, N. Drenchev, K. Hadjiivanov,
“Evolution of acid and basic sites in UiO-66 and UiO-66-NH2 metal-organic frameworks: FTIR study by probe molecules”,
Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 281 (2019) 110-122.
- N. L. Drenchev, K. K. Chakarova, O. V. Lagunov, M. Y. Mihaylov, E. Z. Ivanova, I. Strauss, K. I. Hadjiivanov,
“In situ FTIR spectroscopy as a tool for investigation of gas/solid interaction:water-enhanced CO2 adsorption in UiO-66 metal-organic framework” (video article),
Journal of Visualized Experiments, 156 (2020) e60285, doi:10.3791/60285.