The research of the team is related to the obtaining of high temperature oxide materials possessing optical, electrical and photocatalytic properties applying different approaches for synthesis: down-up (melt quenching method and sol-gel technology) and up-down (mechanochemical activation).
- Non-traditional glasses and glass-ceramics with luminescent properties.
Synthesis of non-traditional glasses with participation of transition and rare earth oxides in order to optimize their luminescent properties. Thermal and structural characterization of amorphous phases (short and medium range order, oxidation state, microheterogeneities). Establishing the relationship between the structure and the luminescent properties of the obtained glasses. Synthesis of glass ceramics by crystallization of glasses. Optimization of the technological parameters for the production of glass ceramics that combine the advantages of glasses and single crystals aiming to develop glass ceramic materials with improved luminescent properties;
- Powders with luminescent and photocatalytic properties.
Sol-gel synthesis of organic-inorganic hybrid materials and composite powders, phase and structural characterization, photocatalytic and luminescent properties.
Mechanochemically activated solid phase synthesis of oxide materials, studying the parameters of mechanochemical activation, phase and structural characterization, photocatalytic and luminescent properties.
1) Iordanova, M. Milanova, L. Aleksandrov, A. Khanna,
Structural study of glasses in the system B2O3-Bi2O3-La2O3-WO3,
Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids, 481 (2018) 254-259,
2) Aleksandrov, R. Iordanova, Y. Dimitriev, N. Georgiev, T. Komatsu,
“Eu3+ doped 1La2O3:2WO3:1B2O3 glass and glass–ceramic”,
Optical Materials 36 (2014) 1366–1372,
3) Bachvarova-Nedelcheva, R. Iordanova, K.L. Kostov, St. Yordanov,
“Structure and properties of a non-traditional glass containing TeO2, SeO2 and MoO3”,
Optical Materials, 34 (11) (2012) 1781–1787,
4) Koseva, A. Yordanova, P. Tzvetkov, V. Nikolov, D. Nihtianova,
“Nanosized pure and Cr doped Al2-xInx(WO4)3 solid solutions”,
Materials Chemistry and Physics, 132 (2-3) (2012) 808-814,
5) Mancheva, R. Iordanova, D. Klissurki, G. Tyuliev, B. Kunev,
“Direct mechanochemical synthesis of nanocrystalline NiWO4”,
Journal of Physical Chemistry, C 111 (2007) 1101-1104,
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Department of Physics, laboratory Sensors and Glass Physics Laboratory, India
- Nagaoka University of Technology, Department of Materials Science and Technology, Nagaoka, Japan
- Institute of Mineralogy and Crystallography “Acad. Ivan Kostov", Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Electronics “Academician Emil Djakov", Bulgarian Academy of Sciences
- Institute of Optical Materials and Technologies “Acad. Jordan Malinowski", Bulgarian Academy of Sciences